Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Bakin' Fool

Remember way back in the day when I said I wanted to post every single day? Yeah, I remember that too. Funny what you use to think & how it all changes. ;)
Anywhooo... To the good stuff!


So I've been a busy girl workin' away in the kitchen. Tonight I made some granola. Mmmmm Mmmm Mmmm is it good. While it was cooling out in the pan, I kept walking by & grabbing handfuls of it. Now that it is put away I can hardly keep myself from pulling it back out &
munching on it some more!

So this is how I made it:

6 cups Old Fashioned Oats
1 cup Coconut
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 dash of Salt
2 cups of Mixed Nuts (I used almonds & walnuts)
1/2 cup Honey
1/2 cup Maple Syrup
1 cup Craisins

I mixed all of the above except for the Craisins in a large bowl.
I melted the honey in the microwave before adding it to the bowl to make it easier to mix it all up.
 I then baked it in a 9 x 13 inch pan at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.
While it was baking I would stir it about every 5 minutes or so to keep from burning.
Once it looked golden brown, I removed it from the oven & added the craisins.
I kept stirring (and eating) the granola until it was just about room temperature.

TA DA!
Easy peasy, huh?

I have mine stored away in the fridge. It's so good.

Just an F.Y.I. the measurments above are all approximate measurements. I probably
(okay I'll admit it) 
added tons more cinnamon to the mix because I love it so much.




Last week while Ryan was out on the Wishram fire (p.s. Ryan's a firefighter) I picked a bunch of blackberries and made this really yummy cobbler.
OH MY GAWD!
It was good.
As I was making the dough for the cobbler, I kept thinking it wasn't going to be very good.
The dough was just super heavy.
But it proved me wrong.

Here's the Recipe:
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar, divided
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 6 tablespoons cold butter
  • 1/4 cup boiling water
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup cold water
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 4 cups fresh blackberries, rinsed and drained

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees..
  2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/4 cup boiling water just until mixture is evenly moist.
  3. In a separate bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in cold water. Mix in remaining 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, and blackberries. Transfer to a cast iron skillet, and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Drop dough into the skillet by spoonfuls. Place skillet on the foil lined baking sheet.
  4. Bake 25 minutes in the oven, until dough is golden brown.               

No comments:

Post a Comment